Cars are the method of transport more frequently used within our families. From long travels to short trips to take our kids to school, using a car just seems to be the most convenient method. Because of that, in order to ensure our family safety, it is important that we make sure that all the parts of our car are up to the task.
Car safety systems
Over the last years, car manufactures have been aware of how important it is to try and guarantee the safety of the passengers in the car. Improvements have been added to our cars in order to improve their road safety and save the lives of the driver and the passengers. Car safety systems can be divided into active and passive security. It is strongly advised to check of these safety systems are working properly and to shop for high-quality car parts online in case they ever happened to be damaged.
Active Safety System
It involves all the elements that help making the vehicle more steady and efficient while on the move, and helps trying to avoid any possible accident as much as possible. It revolves around the following components:
- The brake system: It is a fundamental part for the security of the driver. Current brake systems are equipped with independent circuits that allow the driver to stop the car safely in case that any of the brakes is damaged. The best brakes are the ones that have Antiblockiersystem (ABS) integrated. ABS reduces the braking distance, making it possible for the driver to avoid obstacles on the road.
- The suspension system: it keeps the vehicle steady, absorbing the impact of the bumps in the road. The establishing bars connect the tires and control the inclination of our car when we drive a curve, which helps us to avoid driving off of the road.
- The steering system: it guarantees the correct manoeuvre of the car. When traveling at high speed, modern cars’ steering systems harden themselves in order to prevent any possible accidents.
- The wheel system: wheels and their pattern need to have the proper traction to ensure a safe driving in any weather condition. It needs to be in perfect conditions to ensure our safety.
- The light system: it is very important to have potent light bulbs that will ensure we have proper vision of the road, as well as allow other vehicles to see us and avoid any dangerous collisions.
- Stability control systems: these systems prevent the car from rolling if we lose control during an accident.
Passive Safety Systems
When accidents can not be avoided, passive safety systems help reducing the damage the passengers and driver can suffer. The most important passive safety systems are:
- Seat belts: these belts help preventing that the passengers from flying off in the case of an accident. They can be adapted for kids and pets in order to prevent any possible injury. Seat belts prevent more than 12.000 deaths per year and reduce up to the 50% the number of deaths on the road.
- Airbag systems: airbags are bags that inflate in a fraction of a second when the car hits an obstacle at high speed. Its purpose is to prevent the passenger from hitting any part of the car during the collision. Airbags save the lives of 1.200 people per year.
- The car’s chassis and bodywork: both absorb the impact in case of an accident. If the accident happened to be frontal, they relocate the motor engine so it does not go into the cabin.
- The windshields: the windshield is made with a special material designed to not splinter towards the passengers in the case of an accident. Side windows are made of a weaker material so they can be broken in case we need an alternative exist aside from the doors.
- The headrest: it protects the passenger from suffering cervical whiplash in case of a collision.
Baby Shower Ideas: What’s a Sip and See?
Baby showers come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes these days. You have parties that are all about revealing the gender of a new baby, and traditional parties where men aren’t allowed to attend. One of the more interesting options to emerge in recent months is the Sip and See party.
Essentially, this is a chance to have family members and friends over for a lighthearted party, where they get to meet the new baby or child soon after they’ve been welcomed into the world. These parties are also excellent for welcoming newly adopted children to the family.
A sip and see can be an excellent way for exhausted parents to introduce their new child to everyone at once, rather than arranging multiple visits.
What Should a Sip and See Be Like?
It’s important to note that there’s a big difference between a baby shower and a sip and see. While the typical baby shower happens before the baby arrives, sip and see events happen afterwards. The sip and see needs to be a very casual and quiet event, as you won’t want to upset the new baby. The chances are that there won’t be as many decorations, but there should still be plenty of food and maybe some soft music to enjoy.
Rather than having a venue for this party, you invite everyone to your own house, which means that you don’t have to rush around getting things ready for a party when you have a new baby to look after.
One thing to keep in mind with a Sip and See, is that it’s less likely to have presents or gifts at this event. However, if your mom and dad to be didn’t have a baby shower for any reason, this is a great chance to give them the gifts that you haven’t had chance to get to them before.
What to Consider When Hosting a Sip and See
If you decide to host a sip and see, then there are a lot of things to consider. These parties are often hosted by new parents themselves. However, if you’re a close friend or family member, then your loved one might ask them to host the event on their behalf – particularly if they’re too tired to work out an invite list and catering on their own.
The invite list will usually be down to the parents, and who needs to see the baby most. However, if you’re inviting people on behalf of the parents, you can always ask them if someone enquires about an invitation. Other things to consider while you’re planning are:
- Refreshments: The word “sip” indicates that there’s going to be some kind of refreshments. Think afternoon tea, rather than elaborate meals and lots of alcohol.
- Time frame: Make sure that people know exactly when the party is going to start, and when they’ll need to leave. Don’t leave it to the new parents to usher people out of the door when the new baby needs to go to sleep.
- Decorations: It’s fun to have decorations at any party, but you’ll want to keep these to a minimum in this case. Guests will be coming to see the baby, and the parents won’t want to have to spend forever cleaning up once people have gone.
- Games and entertainment: If you don’t want everyone to be waiting in a line to hold the baby or see the new arrival, you can introduce some games. People who are waiting around for their chance to see the new child could simply chat over some finger foods, however
Enjoying your Sip and See Party
A sip and see party is a fantastic chance to take some pressure off new parents, who are often expected to parade their child around and show them off to countless people. With this kind of party, you can take the pressure off the parents, and invite people to come and visit on a specific day and time.
If you’re helping parents that you’re close to with this party, one of the best things that you can do is assist with the tidying up portion of the event before and after the party. The mom and dad are going to be looking after the baby, so they’ll definitely want some help making sure that everything looks spic and span.
It’s also helpful to have some hand sanitiser at the door, so that visitors can get their hands clean before touching the child.
How Parents Can Look After Themselves Too!
Parents are, understandably, focused most on the well-being of their children most of the time. That’s in the job description, after all. Yet, this doesn’t mean that moms and dads should neglect their own health, wellness, and/or happiness. On the contrary, no one can do their best parenting work if they feel tired, sore, or even depressed or anxious. With that in mind, today we’ll list a few excellent ways that parents can look after themselves to ensure they’re firing on all cylinders. Check them out here:
Speak to Your Doctor
Obvious? Yes. Effective? Absolutely. Visiting the doctor is far from a novel concept, but it’s very important for parents of all ages to speak with a medical professional on a regular basis –– particularly if they have a specific health concern. On a very basic level, doctors will be able to answer any questions you have about common issues. Can bunions go away on their own? When should I have a prostate exam? How much sleep should I get per night? A regular physician will be able to answer all of these questions and more –– so book an appointment ASAP.
People don’t suddenly stop having needs and wants just because they become parents. Indeed, though parents spend a lot of time thinking and acting on behalf of others, they also need to express themselves. Don’t be afraid to voice your concerns, frustrations, desires, and goals. Doing so is healthy, and communication is key to strong familial relationships.
Prioritize Health & Fitness
It’s easy to fall into some bad personal health and fitness habits if you’re spending most of your time and energy looking after children. Fast food, skipping gym sessions, and other bad choices are hard to avoid, but detrimental all the same. That’s why parents need to prioritize their own health and well-being. Schedule time during the day for preparing healthy meals for yourself and your family and get creative about finding new ways to exercise. You don’t actually have to leave your living room to squeeze in a great workout session.
At the end of the day, it’s important for parents to allow themselves to relax and spend some time alone. Blocking out “me time” doesn’t make you a bad parent or a selfish person. Rather, getting out of the house for a while to engage in an activity you enjoy all on your own will help you recharge your batteries and come back refreshed. If you’ve been feeling cramped during lockdown, then do your best to find a day where you can kick back and unwind for a few hours outside of the house. It’ll do you a world of good!
Mother Care | Great Activities to Help You Unwind
Activities That Mothers Can Do When They Have a Bit of Spare Time
Being a mother is something that is very demanding, and we know that you always want to put your children first, but sometimes it is worth taking the time to consider just how much of a difference a little bit of you time can make. This means that you will need to take a bit of a break from your organized family life to put some more importance on your well-being. So, what activities should you consider when you have some spare time away from your kids? Well, we have taken a look at some of the best ones below.
Go for Some Stress Relief
Contrary to what people like to believe, everyone’s day-to-day family life does not run smoothly with no unexpected setbacks or hassle. In fact, many parents, even the most organized ones, will admit that they have to wing it from time to time. This is something that can end up causing quite a bit of stress. A great way to get rid of unwanted stress is to pay a visit to the local spa. We know that many busy mothers feel that a trip to the spa is impossible due to a lack of free time, but there are now plenty of shorter therapies that you can go and enjoy. For instance, an Indian head massage is great at fighting stress and these last just thirty minutes or so. We are sure that you manage to find the time to pop to the hairdressers every now and then, so we are certain that you will be able to find the time to pay a visit to a spa.
Partake in a Bit of Online Gambling
If you have some spare time and you enjoy gambling, then we highly recommend that you sign up with an online casino. Are you reading this from New Zealand? Then we really suggest that you head on over to https://www.onlinecasinonewzealand.nz/. Here, you will be able to find all of the best online casinos for Kiwis to enjoy as well as a load of great game guides with a lot of valuable information.
Whether you are a fan of slot games or table games, you will definitely be able to find an online casino that suits you down to the ground. The best thing about online casinos is that you can obviously gamble without having to leave your house. So, if you have a bit of spare time because your children are having a nap, you can quickly log into your account and see if you have any luck. If you happen to love a game of bingo, then there are plenty of online bingo websites that you can sign up with and enjoy whenever you have some spare time away from the children.
If you do decide to sign up with one of the online casinos that this site recommends, then it is not an exaggeration to say that you will be doing yourself a big favor.
Chat with Friends or Watch Your Favorite Show
When you are short of time it is great to have a quick conversation with your close friends on the phone or even meet for a quick coffee. Communicating on social media can be quick and you can use the likes of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to catch up with all the things that your online friends have been doing. If you enjoy keeping up with all of the latest trends, then you should take a look at Pinterest. Watching an episode from your favorite show is something that can be fun, as well as relaxing. If you do not have one already, then you should consider getting a Netflix account as you will get access to all the best series for a very reasonable price. When you get an hour or so to yourself, forget about the washing or the cleaning or the dinner and sit down on the sofa and watch whatever series you enjoy.
Solve a Puzzle
If you love solving puzzles, then you will be glad to hear that there are plenty of puzzles on the Internet that you can entertain yourself with. Whether you feel like testing your knowledge with a crossword, testing your brain power with a Sudoku, or seeing how good your vocabulary is by playing a game of scrabble, you have plenty of options online. Or, if none of these are to your liking then maybe you feel like a game of chess. Furthermore, you can play these games on your mobile, tablet, or laptop.
Do Some Cooking
We all know that it can get really boring eating the same dishes over and over again, so when you have some spare time you can find some new recipes that you like the look of and try them out. Thanks to the Internet, there are plenty of delicious recipes on hand from all over the world. No matter what type of cuisine you want to make for your family or what level your cooking skills are, you will be able to find more than enough recipes to keep you busy.