Taking care of our gut health can often be something we overlook in favour of other health concerns but our gastroenterological vitality is of paramount importance to our overall well-being. It can often be embarrassing to talk about the subject but reputable gastroenterologist clinics have years of experience in everything from indigestion to colonoscopies and they can provide you with specialised dietary advice to help you promote a healthy gut.
Whatever the reason you are seeking a private gastroenterologist, it is important to carefully consider the benefits of getting specialised help, especially if you have been suffering for a while.
Gastroenterology is a large field and it encompasses a variety of complex conditions, so let’s take a look at a few of these conditions and how they can be treated.
- Crohn’s Disease – This condition which affects individuals of all ages and is a lifelong issue where the parts of the digestive system become inflamed. It is characterised by fatigue, stomach cramps, diarrhoea and weight loss. It can be consistent or can go through periods of ‘flare ups’; however, regardless of the frequency, it can cause severe disruption to your life. The main treatments for Crohn’s are steroid tablets to reduce inflammation and sometimes surgery is needed to remove part of the digestive system.
- Acid Reflux – This occurs when stomach acid travels up towards the throat acid and if it is an ongoing situation it is referred to as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and it can cause heartburn which can be incredibly uncomfortable. Other indicators of acid reflux are hiccups, bloating and sickness as well as a hoarse voice. Changing your lifestyle can stop acid reflux in its tracks. Reduction in spicy and fatty foods, quitting smoking and reducing stress all contributing to limiting acid reflux and restoring the balance.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – An incredibly common condition, IBS causes diarrhoea, constipation and stomach cramps that can last days or even months. It is an ongoing problem that affects 10-15% of the population. There is no cure for the syndrome and it is mostly controlled through diet and medication. It has been linked to a number of causes such as stress, overly sensitive nerves in the gut and the too slow or too quick movement of food through the gut.
- Gallstones – Gallstones are quite common and often do not require treatment but if one of these small balls of cholesterol gets trapped in the opening duct of the gallbladder then intense pain lasting anywhere between 1 and 5 hours occurs in the abdominal area. They can cause fever and even jaundice and are often removed along with the gallbladder itself through keyhole surgery.
Seeking specialist advice is the best thing you can do if you have been suffering from gut problems, a trained gastroenterologist will be able to give you tailored dietary advice and make the right recommendations that can see vast improvements to your health and well-being.
3 Surprising Benefits to Getting Out More
With the weather finally perking up and the days getting warmer and longer the outside beckons us all. Any time of year is a great time to lace up your shoes and get out of the house but getting out in warmer weather and getting some fresh air and excercise makes you just feel good.
Here are three reasons why getting out of the house is the best thing you can do for yourself and your kiddos.
1) Exercise: Let’s start with the obvious reason here! Exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. It gets your blood pumping, your heart rates up, and it releases feel-good endorphins that can power your mood through any difficult time. Getting out of the house on foot is a great way to get some much-needed exercise.
2) Vitamin D: Getting out of your house is one of the best ways to get an adequate amount of Vitamin D every day. A vitamin D supplement does not grant the same benefits that you can get just by spending 20 minutes in the sun every day.
3) Community: Getting out of the house is essential for building a great community. Getting out of the house allows you to build relationships with neighbors and friends and it allows your kids to get to know people as well. Playing with friends is a fun part of any childhood and is not able to be replaced by a screen. Social media is a wonderful tool but the buddies you’re going to call in the middle of the night are not the people you follow on social media.
It’s going to be the people who you have real relationships with. Getting out of the house and knowing your neighbors has great benefits when it’s time to head out of town/need a pet sitter/need a babysitter. Community with real people is imitable.
Tell us – what are some of YOUR favorite reasons to get out of your house?
5 Surprising Beauty Benefits of CBD
Cannabidiol or CBD is known as one of the most therapeutic substances to have. The natural compound could provide effective remedies for a host of issues. This applies to mental illnesses and physical conditions alike.
But not many people are aware that cannabidiol actually provides an array of beauty benefits as well.
That’s right! The molecule does hold beauty secrets.
Here are 5 surprising beauty benefits of cannabidiol. They would help you understand what kind of advantages you could get by using this organic substance.
Provides a Natural Source of Oil Control
Cannabidiol or CBD oil is a very effective source of controlling excess oil on your skin. This is especially helpful for those who have oily or combination skin.
That is why, oil or sebum control solutions with cannabidiol in them are getting all the more popular. They could be as simple as a topical oil solution, or as developed as a facial cleanser or toner containing cannabidiol.
Makes for a Good Fighter Against Acne
Excessive oil on skin blocks our pores and stops our skin from breathing. When this blockage reaches a certain point, our skin breaks out in acne.
As such, any oil control solution is also automatically considered as a great element against acne as well. This is very true in case of cannabidiol, which works wonders with its oil control capabilities.
Makes Sure That Your Skin Isn’t Inflamed
Cannabidiol holds anti-inflammatory properties, which could help with an intense breakout of acne or a rash. That’s why, skin or facial care lotions that have cannabidiol in them could be very effective for sensitive skin.
Just make sure that the lotion or cream that you are selecting is made up of great ingredients and suits your skin type.
Gets Your Skin to Moisturize
A moisturizer is the most essential part of perhaps any skincare routine. No matter your skin type, you can count on being advised to use a moisturizer by your dermatologist.
Cannabidiol could penetrate your skin positively and moisturize it. It also allows other ingredients to use it as a penetrative source. Cannabidiol is known for its soothing properties. This means that your skin doesn’t even feel the extensive process and remains as light as a feather.
Gives Your Skin the Room to Breathe
Cannabidiol is also known as an anti-oxidant, which makes it great against the signs of aging. With its moisturizing and healing properties, the substance can take care of the healing process for your skin. This way, it doesn’t wear down to the signs of aging.
All that you need to do is to find products with cannabidiol which also have other anti-oxidants or anti-aging products. This would help your skin get the penetrative care that it needs to aid it in its fight against aging.
Remember, cannabidiol is a non-controlled substance in many regions as well as countries due to its non-psychoactive properties. As such, one can obtain cannabidiol-based products easily through a number of vendors.
Try it out today by using aDIAMOND50 to get a one-time code for 50% off the entire DiamondCBD store.
Ultimate CBD Oil Guide: What is CBD Good for? 5 Positive Effects of CBD on Your Health
Cannabis or marijuana is widely known for being a relaxing agent. It is a contributor to better mental health. And an alleviator of various physical issues.
At the same time, it is also popular for being a psychoactive agent or a hallucinogen. In other words, marijuana has a reputation for leaving its users in a “elevated” state.
But modern science has found a way to separate marijuana’s recreational high from its medicinal advantages.
This is possible by the segmentation of cannabinoids.
What are Cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are different compounds of the cannabis plant. Collectively, they give it its advantages as well as its signature high.
Using these compounds, scientists have separated marijuana’s psychoactive compounds from the ones with medicinal properties. In other words, they have found a way to help people without effectively asking them to get intoxicated.
One of the most popular of such compounds is cannabidiol.
What is Cannabidiol?
Today, cannabidiol or CBD is used by many to obtain various health benefits without experiencing the high feeling of marijuana. Available in the form of oil, concentrate, patches and vape juice, cannabidiol can provide you with an array of benefits to boot.
To understand what cannabidiol can do for you, here are five of the top benefits of the molecule:
- Helps with Stress. Cannabidiol can help you relieve your stress. The compound has medicinal properties that send signals to the brain upon consumption. This works towards stress relief. That is why, the compound is known to help with several mental disorders. They include but are not limited to anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Helps with Pain. Cannabidiol is also used as a pain-reliever. It has properties that make it a natural painkiller. That is why, it is used by cancer patients, those with arthritis, and even by athletes who have sustained any painful injuries.
- Helps with Inflammation. Pain and inflammation often go hand in hand. Thus, it is no surprise to not that cannabidiol is just as effective in relieving inflammation as it is in shooing pain away. Just use a good amount of CBD oil on the affected area, and you could find immediate relief to your problem.
- Helps with Insomnia. Cannabidiol can help you say goodbye to your sleep issues by providing you with a natural remedy. The compound is a calming agent. And it can relax your nerves to provide you with a comfortable sleep without having to resort to synthetic chemicals.
- Helps with Chronic Diseases. Cannabidiol is also known for being good for heart health as well as keeping conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure at bay. Consistent usage of the compound could help you live a long and healthy life without having to depend on harmful substances.
With consistent usage of cannabidiol, you can ensure to reap all of these benefits and lead a healthier life.
Get started today by using DIAMOND50 to get access to a one-time 50% off code to the entire store.