What is cupping?
Cupping is said to be an alternative theory which actually originated in China. Cups are placed on different parts of the skin and suction takes place. The suction improves your blood flow and calms your nerves and facilitate healing.
It is also said that cupping helps to improve the Qi of the body. Qi is a Chinese word which means life force. A famous Taoist alchemist first practiced cupping, he lived from A.D 281 to 341.
Many of the Taoist now believe that cupping helps to balance and improving the yin and yang, which in other words is known as positive and negative energy. And by balancing the energy between these two components may help with the maintenance of blood flow and reduce pain.
Cupping increases the blood flow of the area where the cups are placed. It helps in relieving pain and the circulation of blood and also repairing of the cells. It also creates new tissues and connectivity in them.
What are the different types of cupping?
Originally the cupping was tried with animal horns. Later on, the bamboo and ceramic cups were made. The suction used to be created through heat. The cups are heated with fire and then they were placed on the skin. And as they cooled off, they drew the skin inside.
Nowadays, glass cups are used for cupping. They are round and open on end.
There are two main types of cupping that happen now:
– Dry-cupping which is only a suction method.
– Wet-cupping which involves both sucking and controlled medicinal bleeding.
Your medical conditions, preferences, and practitioner will help you choose the best treatment for you.
What to expect during a cupping treatment?
During cupping treatment, a cup is placed on the skin and then it is heated and that’s how suction takes place. The cup can be heated in different ways alcohol, paper or herbs may be placed in the cup and then set on fire. The fire source is then removed and the heated cup is placed on your skin.
Instead of traditional heating methods, modern practitioners like My Home Therapy tend to use rubber pumps to create suction.
When the heat inside the cup cools off, the air inside the cup turns into a vacuum which draws the skin and muscles inwards. In this process, your skin may turn red as your blood will start to flow and circulates.
During a dry cupping treatment, the cup is set to the skin for a specific time for 5 to 10 minutes. During a wet cupping treatment, the cup is placed on the skin for a shorter time span and after that practitioner removes the cup for the incision of blood.
After removing the cup, the practitioner will cover the area with different ointments and bandages. This will help you stay away from infections. Any bruising or marks which appears during the treatment would go away within 10 days treatment session.
Sometimes, cupping is done along with the acupuncture treatment. And for better results, you may have to fast or eat light meals as possible before 2 to 3 hours of cupping.
What conditions can be treated by cupping?
In the past times, cupping has been used for the treatment of many kinds of conditions. It seems to be more effective for easing the conditions which cause muscle pain.
It can also be effective for the treatment of skin issues, digestive issues as cups can also be applied at the major acupressure points. These following conditions can be treated through cupping;
– Cough and dyspnea
– Facial paralysis
– Lumbar disc herniation
– Cervical spondylosis
Though there are not more studies or researches which shows the effectiveness of cupping.
Side Effects of Cupping
There are not any basic or severe side effects of cupping. The side effects you may have will maybe during or immediately after the treatment. You may feel dizzy or lightheaded during the treatment. You can also experience the effects of nausea and sweating.
After the treatment, the skin around the cup may feel irritated or have a circular mark. During the incision of blood, you may feel a little pain or after the session, your head may feel dizzy and light.
Another small risk of cupping is getting an infection. But if your practitioner is well trained and knows the right methods for treating your skin then the infection can be avoided. The other risks may include:
– Scarring of the skin.
– Hematoma (bruising)
The safety measures are necessary, so your practitioner should always wear disposable gloves, goggles, or an apron. They should have regular vaccines to stay away from certain diseases and totally use clean and sterile equipment. Always know about your practitioner before the treatment.
Though if you find any issues, allergies, side effects or anything goes to your practitioner as soon as possible. They will tell you the remedies or medications.
Important things to keep in mind
Most of the doctors out there doing professional work does not have an authentic background or experience regarding complementary or alternative medicine (CAM). Or you may notice them hesitating or flinching while you ask certain questions related to cupping. Be cautious, and always choose a well-trained practitioner.
Though cupping therapy is not recommended for everyone. Extra protection should be taken regarding these groups:
– Children under the age of 4 should not be having cupping therapy. And the older children can have this therapy for a short period only.
– The skin of older people gets more fragile as they age. Any medication you may take can have a bad side effect on the treatment as well.
– For pregnant people, it is suggested that they avoid cupping on the abdominal and the back areas.
Avoid cupping if you have these:
– A wound
– A sunburn
– If you use blood-thinning medication.
– A skin ulcer.
– If you have experienced a recent trauma.
– Or if you have any internal organ disorder.
3 Surprising Benefits to Getting Out More
With the weather finally perking up and the days getting warmer and longer the outside beckons us all. Any time of year is a great time to lace up your shoes and get out of the house but getting out in warmer weather and getting some fresh air and excercise makes you just feel good.
Here are three reasons why getting out of the house is the best thing you can do for yourself and your kiddos.
1) Exercise: Let’s start with the obvious reason here! Exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. It gets your blood pumping, your heart rates up, and it releases feel-good endorphins that can power your mood through any difficult time. Getting out of the house on foot is a great way to get some much-needed exercise.
2) Vitamin D: Getting out of your house is one of the best ways to get an adequate amount of Vitamin D every day. A vitamin D supplement does not grant the same benefits that you can get just by spending 20 minutes in the sun every day.
3) Community: Getting out of the house is essential for building a great community. Getting out of the house allows you to build relationships with neighbors and friends and it allows your kids to get to know people as well. Playing with friends is a fun part of any childhood and is not able to be replaced by a screen. Social media is a wonderful tool but the buddies you’re going to call in the middle of the night are not the people you follow on social media.
It’s going to be the people who you have real relationships with. Getting out of the house and knowing your neighbors has great benefits when it’s time to head out of town/need a pet sitter/need a babysitter. Community with real people is imitable.
Tell us – what are some of YOUR favorite reasons to get out of your house?
5 Surprising Beauty Benefits of CBD Oil from Diamond CBD
Cannabidiol or CBD oil or even cream is known as one of the most therapeutic substances when found at Diamond CBD and other stores. The natural compound could provide effective remedies for a host of issues. This applies to mental illnesses and physical conditions alike.
But not many people are aware that cannabidiol actually provides an array of beauty benefits as well.
That’s right! The molecule does hold beauty secrets.
Here are 5 surprising beauty benefits of cannabidiol. They would help you understand what kind of advantages you could get by using this organic substance.
Provides a Natural Source of Oil Control
Cannabidiol or CBD oil is a very effective source of controlling excess oil on your skin. This is especially helpful for those who have oily or combination skin.
That is why, oil or sebum control solutions with cannabidiol in them are getting all the more popular. They could be as simple as a topical oil solution, or as developed as a facial cleanser or toner containing cannabidiol.
Makes for a Good Fighter Against Acne
Excessive oil on skin blocks our pores and stops our skin from breathing. When this blockage reaches a certain point, our skin breaks out in acne.
As such, any oil control solution is also automatically considered as a great element against acne as well. This is very true in case of cannabidiol, which works wonders with its oil control capabilities.
Makes Sure That Your Skin Isn’t Inflamed
Cannabidiol holds anti-inflammatory properties, which could help with an intense breakout of acne or a rash. That’s why, skin or facial care lotions that have cannabidiol in them could be very effective for sensitive skin.
Just make sure that the lotion or cream that you are selecting is made up of great ingredients and suits your skin type.
Gets Your Skin to Moisturize
A moisturizer is the most essential part of perhaps any skincare routine. No matter your skin type, you can count on being advised to use a moisturizer by your dermatologist.
Cannabidiol could penetrate your skin positively and moisturize it. It also allows other ingredients to use it as a penetrative source. Cannabidiol is known for its soothing properties. This means that your skin doesn’t even feel the extensive process and remains as light as a feather.
Gives Your Skin the Room to Breathe
Cannabidiol is also known as an anti-oxidant, which makes it great against the signs of aging. With its moisturizing and healing properties, the substance can take care of the healing process for your skin. This way, it doesn’t wear down to the signs of aging.
All that you need to do is to find products with cannabidiol which also have other anti-oxidants or anti-aging products. This would help your skin get the penetrative care that it needs to aid it in its fight against aging.
Remember, cannabidiol is a non-controlled substance in many regions as well as countries due to its non-psychoactive properties. As such, one can obtain cannabidiol-based products easily through a number of vendors.
Try it out today by using aDIAMOND50 to get a one-time code for 50% off the entire DiamondCBD store.
Ultimate CBD Oil Guide: What is CBD Good for? 5 Positive Effects of CBD on Your Health
Cannabis or marijuana is widely known for being a relaxing agent. It is a contributor to better mental health. And an alleviator of various physical issues.
At the same time, it is also popular for being a psychoactive agent or a hallucinogen. In other words, marijuana has a reputation for leaving its users in a “elevated” state.
But modern science has found a way to separate marijuana’s recreational high from its medicinal advantages.
This is possible by the segmentation of cannabinoids.
What are Cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are different compounds of the cannabis plant. Collectively, they give it its advantages as well as its signature high.
Using these compounds, scientists have separated marijuana’s psychoactive compounds from the ones with medicinal properties. In other words, they have found a way to help people without effectively asking them to get intoxicated.
One of the most popular of such compounds is cannabidiol.
What is Cannabidiol?
Today, cannabidiol or CBD is used by many to obtain various health benefits without experiencing the high feeling of marijuana. Available in the form of oil, concentrate, patches and vape juice, cannabidiol can provide you with an array of benefits to boot.
To understand what cannabidiol can do for you, here are five of the top benefits of the molecule:
- Helps with Stress. Cannabidiol can help you relieve your stress. The compound has medicinal properties that send signals to the brain upon consumption. This works towards stress relief. That is why, the compound is known to help with several mental disorders. They include but are not limited to anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Helps with Pain. Cannabidiol is also used as a pain-reliever. It has properties that make it a natural painkiller. That is why, it is used by cancer patients, those with arthritis, and even by athletes who have sustained any painful injuries.
- Helps with Inflammation. Pain and inflammation often go hand in hand. Thus, it is no surprise to not that cannabidiol is just as effective in relieving inflammation as it is in shooing pain away. Just use a good amount of CBD oil on the affected area, and you could find immediate relief to your problem.
- Helps with Insomnia. Cannabidiol can help you say goodbye to your sleep issues by providing you with a natural remedy. The compound is a calming agent. And it can relax your nerves to provide you with a comfortable sleep without having to resort to synthetic chemicals.
- Helps with Chronic Diseases. Cannabidiol is also known for being good for heart health as well as keeping conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure at bay. Consistent usage of the compound could help you live a long and healthy life without having to depend on harmful substances.
With consistent usage of cannabidiol, you can ensure to reap all of these benefits and lead a healthier life.
Get started today by using DIAMOND50 to get access to a one-time 50% off code to the entire store.