As a society, we are more health-conscious than ever. With access to information at your fingertips and the premium on preventive care, you’re probably asking questions about how to make sure you are getting the best care.
It’s a big question and one that everyone should be asking, especially when the stakes are high. By being informed about the best care, you’re likely to receive, and how to get it, you’ll be in a better position to ask the critical questions about your personal care. Here, we look at a few factors to consider when thinking about your health care.
Check your medical records
What does it take to make sure you are getting the best medical care? Check your medical records for errors and inconsistencies. When it comes to your health, it is vital that you verify that your doctor is giving you the best care and treatment. And for that, periodically checking your medical records is important.
The law says you’re entitled to a copy of your medical records any time, for free, from any doctor or hospital that has them. Your medical care is more integrated than ever before – from surgeries to specialist consultations. A few minutes going through your records could save you from a mistake later, or even save your life.
Look for a communicative doctor
How communicative is your doctor? How much time do you spend with him or her? Do you feel like you understand your diagnosis and treatment? Are they taking the time to properly explain things to you and make your feel comfortable with your diagnosis and treatment?
When a doctor listens closely to you and thinks more about what you say than what they have to say, that’s called communication. Communication is a skill that must be learned and earned. Good communication is at the heart of a positive clinical encounter.
Explore other options
It’s always good to hear different points of view when making healthcare decisions. More than half of all patients are not happy with their healthcare providers. More than 80% say they would like to see another doctor. If you’re not 100% confident with your current health care provider, now is the time to explore other options.
You may not be taking advantage of the complete range of medical and health options available to you. There are a ton of innovative and life-saving treatments, medicine and more. Depending on what is most important to you, you may decide a new doctor is the best choice. Some may be a specialist in the field you need. Some may offer fast-track appointments or 24-hour care. Some may be cheaper or offer more suitable treatments.
The only way to know is to explore your options.
There are easy ways to make sure you are in good hands. Often we assume someone is better than they really might be, but if you are unsure of your current doctor or any healthcare professional’s qualifications, it is as simple as asking or doing a little research online. With the internet and the proper tools, you can find out all there is to know about them in no time.
9 Tips to Reset Your Adrenals When You Don’t Have Time to Rest
When you’re a busy mom, it feels like there are never enough hours in the day. You are constantly rushing to and fro to take care of your family.
But when you are living like that, you are burning the candle at both ends. Eventually, you are going to find yourself in a situation of chronic stress and even burnout.
When it hits, you might feel symptoms like fatigue, difficulty waking up or going to sleep, anxiety, and increased muscle tension. Any physical or mental health conditions you have could flare.
“You just need to take some time off and rest,” may be good advice for resetting your adrenal system and de-stressing, but what if you don’t have that luxury?
Let’s go over some tips to help you fight adrenal fatigue and chronic stress even if you can’t take time out of your busy schedule.
- Take a healthy herbal supplement for adrenal support.
One big step you can take which won’t take any time at all is to start taking a natural supplement like the highly-rated VITALITY Adrenal Support & Fatigue Fighter by Eu Natural.
This supplement contains powerful ingredients like Organic KSM-66® Ashwagandha, Zinc, Kelp Iodine, Holy Basil, and Rhodiola to support your adrenal system.
Make it part of your daily routine, and before long, hopefully you will start noticing an improvement.
- Eat a wholesome, healthy diet.
If you are eating a lot of sugars and greasy foods fried in unhealthy fats, you will be promoting inflammation and feeding into the problems you are experiencing.
Instead, eat healthy foods which are high in antioxidants and which fight inflammation. A balanced diet which is rich in meats, healthy fats, fruits and vegetables can help.
While you’re at it, make sure you are staying hydrated and also keeping up with your electrolyte needs.
- Get a full night of sleep each night.
There is no excuse for not having time for a full night of sleep every night. Even if it means that there are other things you cannot get around to, make sure you are getting the sleep you need.
Doing so will help your body reset. It will also help you function at your best and stay safe with everything you do, which is extra important for any mom!
- Learn to say “no” to unnecessary obligations.
As a busy mom, it is easy to get swamped in commitments. Between taking care of your own family, participating in the PTA, helping out other moms and maybe juggling a day job, you might find yourself forgetting how to say the word “no.”
But not every commitment you are making is necessarily one that you need to make or even should. Practice setting boundaries to keep life balanced and manageable.
- Realize it is okay to ask for help.
We often feel that as moms, we need to wear a lot of hats and do everything ourselves. But the reality is that nobody should have to do everything on their own.
If you have a spouse, a family member or a friend who could help you with something now and again, there is nothing wrong with asking so that you can focus on what is most important for you to do. In fact, it is the smart thing to do and a good lesson to pass on to your kids.
If you don’t ask for help when you need it, your kids probably won’t either, and you don’t want that.
- Spend more time in nature.
One good way to de-stress is to spend time outdoors. Get some sunlight and fresh air. Surround yourself with nature.
That doesn’t mean you have to find time to go on a camping trip. It might just mean sitting outside while you work on a task instead of doing it indoors.
- Meditate, try deep breathing, or use visualizations.
Relaxation techniques can help a lot of people to de-activate the sympathetic nervous system and turn on the parasympathetic nervous system.
You can try a deep breathing exercise, visualize something calming, or meditate. There are many ways to approach each of these relaxation activities. Even just five minutes can help!
As with meditating, working out doesn’t have to involve a ton of time and energy. Even if all you do is take a quick ten minute walk at some point each day, you are going to boost circulation, burn off some excess adrenaline, and fight inflammation.
- Make yourself a priority too.
Your first priority is, of course, your children. But it is important to remember that you shouldn’t make yourself last on the list. You are important too, and you can only be a good parent to your kids if you are taking care of your wellbeing.
So, don’t make yourself an option—make yourself a priority. Just by adjusting your mindset, you may find it easier to start saying “no” to unnecessary commitments and maybe scheduling in a little more “me” time.
Even Busy Moms Can Find Ways to Reduce Chronic Stress
Now you have a bunch of ideas for how you can fight adrenal fatigue and chronic stress even as a busy mother.
Start by taking VITALITY, and begin introducing exercise, meditation, time outdoors, and other simple, positive changes to your life, even in small increments. You will be surprised what a difference just 5 or 10 minutes a day of true relaxation can make!
Coronavirus Impact On Sports Betting
The coronavirus pandemic that has swept across the globe in the last few weeks and months has not only had a significant impact on public health, the society and the economy as a whole, it has also wreaked havoc to the sporting calendar. In a bid to stem the spread of the virus, many professional and amateur leagues across all continents and sport took the unprecedented step to postpone or suspend their seasons on the advice of the CDC to avoid gatherings of large numbers of people.
The sudden halt of all football has hit the betting industry hard. If you are a fan of the gambling and sports betting and at a time like this when most of the population is quarantined and soccer and sports competitions are frozen, the need to explore the world of King Billy Online Casino in Australia should be of great preference with a lot of benefits at its disposal.
It is a known fact that sports-betting companies, and the media businesses that had been rushing to capitalize on the industry, are cutting costs to keep their businesses afloat and finding creative ways to keep fans entertained while much of the sports world is in limbo.
Below are some of the negative effects of the corona virus on the sporting/betting industry.
- POSTPONEMENT AND CANCELLATION OF MATCHES/GAMES
- The Premier League, EFL and Football Association announced that professional football in England will not resume until mid-May at the earliest, but the season would be extended indefinitely.
- The premier league says it will only resume when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
- UEFA postponed Euro 2020 until the summer of 2021, with new dates of June 11 to July 11 next year proposed.
- England’s two friendlies in March at Wembley against Italy and Denmark were cancelled, and were followed by the friendlies with Austria and Romania in June. Wales’ international matches with Austria and the United States at the end of March were also called off.
- The Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship were also postponed by the FA.
- FIFA relaxed rules on clubs having to release players for forthcoming international fixtures and also recommended that “all international matches previously scheduled to take place in March and April should now be postponed until such time that they can take place in a safe and secure environment”.
In Olympics and Paralympics,
The International Olympic Committee has agreed to delay the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games for a year due to coronavirus. A statement read: “In the present circumstances and based on the information provided by the WHO today, the IOC President and the Prime Minister of Japan have concluded that the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in Tokyo must be rescheduled to a date beyond 2020 but not later than summer 2021, to safeguard the health of the athletes, everybody involved in the Olympic Games and the international community.”
– The British Olympic Association said it will not “endanger the health” of athletes by encouraging them to prepare for Tokyo 2020 if it is not safe to do so.
– The Greek leg of the Olympic Torch Relay was cancelled the day after the first flame-lighting ceremony since 1984 to take place without spectators.
– The 149th Open Championship at Royal St George’s has been cancelled.
– The Players Championship was cancelled along with all PGA Tour events for the next three weeks. The PGA also cancelled four other events in April and May – the RBC Heritage, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans, the Wells Fargo Championship and the AT&T Byron Nelson. The PGA Tour makes plan to resume in June with tournaments played behind closed doors.
– Six European Tour tournaments were postponed. The Kenya Open has been joined by April’s Hero Indian Open, Maybank Championship and China Open. The Andalucia Masters, from April 30-May 3, was also postponed along with August’s Czech Masters.
– The Irish Open, scheduled for May 28-31, has also been postponed.
– The Ladies European Tour’s Aramco Saudi Ladies International was postponed with a view to it being rescheduled later in the year.
– The ECB announced there will be no professional cricket played in England and Wales until May 28.
– England’s Test series against Sri Lanka was postponed with the touring players returning home.
– The start of the Indian Premier League was postponed from March 29 to April 15 as a precautionary measure.
– Anthony Joshua’s world title fight against Kubrat Pulev has been postponed. It was set to take place in London on June 20.
– The British Boxing Board of Control has suspended all events till further notice.
– Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin has been moved to July 4.
– Top Rank announced the postponement of its shows at Madison Square Garden on March 14 and 17. Belfast featherweight Michael Conlan’s bout against Colombian fighter Belmar Preciado at the Hulu Theater on St Patrick’s Day was therefore scrapped.
– Shakur Stevenson vs Miguel Marriaga and James Kirkland vs Marcos Hernandez (March 14) were postponed.
– The season-opening Australian Grand Prix was called off along with the Monaco GP, while the races in Bahrain, Vietnam, China, Spain and the Netherlands have been postponed.
– The Azerbaijan Grand Prix and the Canadian Grand Prix also postponed.
– Formula One’s governing body approved a revised shutdown period – which had been reserved for August – to enable the possibility for racing throughout the summer. Team factories will be ordered to close for three consecutive weeks at an elected time between now and the end of April.
Therefore as a result of the postponements and cancellations of matches and games, it has greatly affected sporting/betting industry.
- FINANCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSS
The sport’s greatest strength is to gather interest and drag crowds. This cannot be possible because of the pandemic. Matches are now happening behind closed doors, cancellation of competitions and calendar changes and this has really been a great barrier to the financial development and stability of the sports world as well as the betting/gambling industry.
- JOBLESSNESS AND UNEMPLOYMENT
The surge of unemployment and joblessness is now of great concern to all. For the first time in nearly two decades, the $160 billion sports world has gone dark. The ramifications of cancelling or postponing play are wide-ranging, from mundane considerations about competition to potentially serious financial consequences for athletes, teams, leagues and organizations and the tens of thousands of people who work at sporting events. More than 6.6 million people filed jobless claims in the week ending 4th April, the department of Labour said. The pandemic has caused lots of unemployment around the world as everyone seeks to stay indoors in other to protect themselves from the virus.
Another Alternative To Smoking
There is no secret that smoking causes cancer. Tobacco companies have longed advertised this on many of their boxes and billboards. It can be difficult trying to get a loved one off of these highly addictive sticks, but vaping is looking to be a get substitute for those who are very much addicted to cigarettes.
Now, are vapers healthier than cigarettes? The jury is still out on that, and numerous research papers and study cases would prove that vaping is not as harmful as cigarettes whereas there are researchers that show that vaping is very harmful and as harmful as cigarettes.
However, for this particular article, we have taken the liberty to explain why vaping is an excellent substitute for cigarettes lovers and how it can slowly get someone you love off of hat very nasty habit.
Now to be frank and fair cigarettes have longed advertised they are deadly sticks and the idea that people smoke them is of their own volition. However, nicotine is a very addictive chemical, and it is for this reason that one who is trying to get a loved one off of the stick should work offering them the e-cig.
The e-cig resembles a cigarette and has the added benefit of also offering the same taste like a cigarette. Now is it entirely the same taste as a cigarette?
Unfortunately the answer is NO.
However, this could very well be a significant step in the right direction. Addictions are very hard to fight even when you have an active support group like a loving family behind you. These battles are not won overnight. They may take months to possibly years.
And with an addiction, that battle is even more so severe as the person is in a constant struggle with themselves.
This is more the reason to try as many alternatives as possible to help assist that loved one in their battles. Addiction can be won at the end of the day, but it can only be won if you consider all available options and place them on the table.
Are we saying that vaping is healthier than cigarettes and is somehow a panacea for those who are smoking addicts?
No, we are not saying that. But what we can attest is that many people who have been trying to give up the stick have opted for the e-cig and have been able to put that stick behind them
Looking To Quit?
If you are looking to quit smoking, then there are many e-Cig brands you can come across that will help assist you in your endeavors. The e-Cig is perhaps one of the best alternatives to smoking as it offers small amounts of nicotine to the individual.
These small doses of nicotine in the e-Cig is what causes the person to slowly but gradually get over their addiction. Proponents believe that the e-cig is a get start to easing one of the cigarettes.
There are a plethora of e-Cig brands to choose from, such as the:
- MigVapor Starter Kits
- Vapor Zeus Variable Manual Vape Starter Kit
- The Aspire Premium kit
- The VL4 Rechargeable E-Cig Starter Kit
Now there are other alternatives to quitting smoking which doesn’t solely revolve around the use of vaping as some of the examples above. Such as herbal methods, natural methods or good old willpower. Ultimately willpower is at the heart of this, as it is at the heart of any other discipline in life. Perhaps it all comes down to this, really.
But for those who may not have the will or indeed the desire to go through with any of these the vaping is genuinely one of the best ways to get your loved ones off of smoking.