Brittany lives with her husband and three sons in Utah. She is a playwright, composer, actress, singer, thrift shop lover, Mormon and aspiring vegan. She is the founder of the International Bloggers Association, is a member of the Dramatists Guild, the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science and the Cognitive Behavioral Society (’cause why not). Brittany has a B.A. in English-Writing from Denison University and has an imaginary Ph.d. in Googling stuff she wants to know. You can keep up with her at BrittanyBullen.com.
Working Mom Spotlight! An Interview with Tami from Mom of 11 Kids
Life as a working mom is always a busy balance between chaos, kiddos, work and play. Can you imagine running your own small business (that turns out to be not so small!) as a mom of 11 kids? Suddenly feel like your life is a bit more manageable? Me too! I’m thrilled to introduce you to Tami, of Mom of 11 Kids. She has a fabulous new line of all-natural, made in the USA products made just for you and your littles, and her life and business are just what I’m loving on when it comes to Modern Femme Movement. Say hello to Tami! If she can do it, so can you!
- A Little More About Tami’s Business Dream
In 2006, Tami met her second husband, the owner of a company called Aidance Scientific, which develops therapeutic skincare solutions for hundreds of conditions. Having long been a proponent for health, wellness and all-natural ingredients, Tami was impressed by their core technology and knew they could formulate products to specifically support busy moms and their families. After re-marrying and settling into life as a mom of 11 kids, Tami was able to make her dream a reality.
In December 2014, in the midst of working with a research and development team on the products, Tami decided to launch Mom of 11 Kids as an online community. “When we reached 10,000 followers within a few months, we knew we found a special way to connect with moms.” The product line and a new website were officially introduced in August 2015. Want to hear it straight from Tami? Watch the video on her “Our Story” page!
- Why Tami is a Working Mom Just Like You!
The greatest challenge Tami faces being at the helm of Mom of 11 Kids is that she is actually a mom to 11 kids!
She is also honest about her secret weapon – she doesn’t have one! “There’s nothing magical. I don’t live by a planner. I’m flexible because I have to be.” Between school activities, doctor appointments, and business meetings, Tami can’t always keeps to commitments. Luckily her family and friends understand that, and she relies heavily on that support system. “There’s this notion that we feel we have to do it all. It takes a village and moms can’t be shy about asking for help.”
Of finding a balance between work and family, she says, “It’s not easy. You can’t do everything well all the time. Sometimes I ask – what was I thinking? But I love being a working mom. I especially enjoy the camaraderie and the intelligent conversations.”
One way Tami unwinds is by listening to audio books during her commute. “From intellectual reads to guilty pleasures, it’s a great way to unwind and multi-task.”
- Tami’s Advice for Those Tough Moments of Overwhelm
When it comes to feeling overwhelmed, her advice is “to do one productive task, whether it’s feeding your family an easy meal, making a batch of cookies, or organizing the shoes in the foyer. Something you can do that makes you feel like you have control over your life. A tangible win.”
Calling All #WomenWhoWork! 3 Reasons You Need To Attend #MFM2016
For us #WomenWhoWork, we most often wear several hats on any given moment of any given day. Many, if not most, of us are mothers, and we’re wives, friends, sisters, daughters, too. It’s in our nature to provide for those around us. We are motivated, personally and professionally. We have dreams. We are #WomenWhoWork. And, most of us are really, really, really burnt out.
The Modern Femme Movement is coming to Virginia Beach, VA in May 2016. It’s a three-day, power-packed long weekend of motivation, restoration, challenge and purpose. And you need to be there. Why?
1. Revive: As small business owners and female entrepreneurs, we all hit the wall sometimes. Doing this thing called life while scraping up the means and motivation to dig deep and create something all our own is beyond challenging. It’s not for the feint of heart and it’s certainly not a path full of rainbows. But you know what? You’re not alone. That same passion that runs through your veins and keeps you burning the midnight oil runs in the hearts of every. single. person. you will meet at #MFM2016. Surround yourself with women who get “it.” Be encouraged and be yourself among women who share the same trials, tribulations, victories and triumphs that ebb and flow in the life of a small business owner. This is your tribe, ladies.Welcome home!
2. Refresh: This will be a convention like no other. Not only will you be professionally challenged to take your business to the next level, but you will be personally encouraged to embrace your unique beauty and strength as #WomenWhoWork. You’ll hear from financial specialists, media gurus and powerful women in key positions across the country. But you’ll also hear from body image counselors, quiet wisdom and purpose and be offered simple advice on claiming your personality and communicating with grace, style and class. #MFM2016 is so much more than an entrepreneurial conversation. It’s a quest for a well-balanced life where today’s woman thrives in the office and at home.
3. Reward: You deserve a break. It’s time to slow down. Take a few days to sit back and look at the big picture. Sleep in a bit on the Heavenly Bed at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. Connect with the local shops at the beautiful Town Center of Virginia Beach. Put your toes in the sand and be moved by the ocean waves. Paint. Dance. Learn. Grow. This is your time. You’ve earned it! As women, we often hesitate to gift ourselves. The decision to break away from the routine and step out to a new environment and have life continue on “without us” for a few days feels invasive or more hassle than it’s worth. Trust me, this is worth it. Take the leap of faith and commit to do something for yourself. Commit to self-care. Join the Movement.
Over 20 speakers. In 2 days. 900 other #WomenWhoWork. Celebrate YOU.
Just to name a few – A powerhouse female reality TV star from Bravo. Two former celebrity news anchors who left the limelight to follow their dreams. One Croatian leader who is living the American Dream against all odds. One female entrepreneur whose fundamental mission is to give moms the power to generate income while staying home with the kids. A bad ass boudoir photographer. A wedding photographer who refuses to work on Saturdays. A doctor who focuses on making your shi(f)t happen. This weekend is ALL. ABOUT. YOU.
PS. Want a scholarship? Ummm, yeah!!!! We’ve got one. Right HERE.
FREE Online Conference Alert! A Don’t Miss Opp for Small Biz Owners
I made the announcement last week to mark your calendars for May 12-14, 2016 for Modern Femme Movement (Seriously, do NOT miss this!!). More coming on that front (Stay tuned!), and a teeny, tiny reminder that subscribers to this blog (Fill me out over there!! —–>) and members of the Facebook community will get the first shot at early registration. I have a few other surprises in the works, but I wanted to take a quick moment to share a fabulous free online conference opportunity for busy women.
Next week, Fit, Focused & Effective: Health Summit for Busy Women, will kick off with an honest look from top women in health, wellness, and fitness as we all aim for a more balanced, fulfilled life. This free online conference is packed with insight, wisdom and takeaways from 20 of the busiest women on this planet! And I’m thrilled to say, quite honored actually, that I’m included in this bunch of fabulous ladies.
Bryn from coachbryn.com interviewed me several weeks ago for this summit, and I can’t wait for my own podcast to run for a 48 hour stretch beginning May 29. We may have run down a few rabbit trails talking about my tattoos and why they are therapy for me, and I finish off with the one question you should be asking yourself every, single day as a small business owner and busy working woman.
There are very few free online conference opportunities that offer such rich insight to attendees. These ladies are not “phoning it in.” There is a real heart passion for women finding peace and contentment in good health, good business and great family. The podcasts allow you the flexibility to tune in when is best for you. I hope you’ll join us!